Several years ago, a notion and concept of recognizing outstanding students, volunteers, coaches, sponsors, teams, groups, and graduates was discussed. A committee was organized to develop and implement a method to recognize such individuals, and the Central DeWitt High School Hall of Fame was established in the 2002-2003 school year. The Hall of Fame was established to create a lasting tribute to those who have brought honor to themselves, their school, and our/their communities. Beginning in the fall of 2003, Central DeWitt High School has inducted classes during the Homecoming Festivities, resulting in a new Induction Class to the Hall of Fame every year since.
CLICK HERE to read about ALL MEMBERS inducted into the Central DeWitt Hall of Fame since its inception in 2003.
Now that the Hall of Fame is in place, we are seeking your help in continuing the process of recognizing outstanding individuals worthy of induction into the Central DeWitt High School Hall of Fame. I would like to clarify a few ideas about the Central DeWitt High School Hall of Fame:
1. It is NOT an athletic Hall of Fame.
A misconception exists that the Central DeWitt High School Hall of Fame is ONLY for athletes and athletics. That is far from the truth. This Hall of Fame exists for ALL students involved in extracurricular activities at school and all past graduates that earn distinction beyond graduation. In the constitution for the Central DeWitt Hall of Fame the following purpose is stated:
“The purpose of the Central DeWitt High School Hall of Fame is threefold:
1. To honor those Sabers who have accomplished extraordinary feats in extracurricular activities.
2. To honor those who have made great contributions to Central DeWitt High School activities
over a period of many years.
3. To honor those Central DeWitt High School graduates who have distinguished themselves in
life after high school.”
2. It is NOT just for Central DeWitt High School.
In fact, any accomplishments during the days of DeWitt, Grand Mound, Low Moor, St. Joseph’s, and Welton High Schools should be considered for the Central DeWitt High School Hall of Fame.
In the first three induction classes we have honored many well-deserving teams and individuals. We need your help in nominating more worthy individuals. We know that well-deserving individuals exist in our communities that should be considered for the Central DeWitt High School Hall of Fame. Ask yourselves, ask your neighbors, ask your family the following questions:
1. Do you know a veteran or war hero from Central DeWitt High School (remember it can be DeWitt, Grand Mound, Low Moor, St. Joseph’s, or Welton)?
2. Do you know a playwright, director, actor, or producer of plays (or television shows, movies, or musicals) that graduated from Central DeWitt High School?
3. Do you know a philanthropist, a professor, a doctor, a humanitarian with roots in our school district?
4. Do you know someone worthy to be a member of the Central DeWitt Hall of Fame?
If you can answer (or know someone that can answer these questions) please click on the Nomination Form below or contact Central DeWitt High School for a nomination form. Help us continue a new and great tradition and nominate someone to the Hall of Fame!