- District Fact Sheet
- School District Calendar: Please hover on the “News” tab from the home page of this website to access the school district calendar
- Classroom Placement Request Form
- School Supply Lists for PK through high school
- Registration Letter for 2022-2023 school year. If you are a new student, please also see the section below.
- Online Registration User Guide
- Free & Reduced Meals Information Letter/Frequently Asked Questions
- Free & Reduced Meals Application
- Student Fees User Guide
- Student Fee Schedule
- Student Fee Waiver and Reduction Procedures, Policy No. 503.3R1
- Technology Appropriate Use: This link includes the following documents:
- Technology Appropriate Use, Policy No. 605.6
- Technology Appropriate Use, Regulation No. 605.6R1
- Consent to Student Use of the District’s Computers, Computer Network Systems, and Internet Access, No. 605.6E2
- Town Bus Stops giving details where School Buses will pick up students in DeWitt, Grand Mound, Low Moor and Welton
Additional Forms Required of NEW Students Enrolling in our District for the First Time
- NEW Students: Please call Sarah Johnston at 563-659-4711. Please refer to the Registration Letter and other items listed above for more information.
- New Student Health Packet Please complete for new students only.
- Request for Student Records Form Please complete for new students only.
- Home Language Survey Please complete for new students only.
- New Student Enrollment Form Please complete for new students only.
- Migrant Education Parent Form The answers to this form will help determine if your child(ren) is eligible to receive supplemental services from the Migrant Program.
- Dental Screening Certificate – Required for All Incoming K-9th Graders Each Year
- Diet Modification Request Form – Required for students who have severe allergies or need food substitutions.
- Student Health Summary Form
- Health care coverage for uninsured kids is more affordable than you think. Click here to learn about the Hawk-I (Healthy and Well Kids in Iowa) Program.
- Health Information Sheet including information on:
- Prescription and over the counter medications: Medication Authorization Form, Policy No. 507.2E2
- Asthma Inhalers: Physician Authorization for Inhaler Self-Administration, Policy No. 507.2E3
- Dental screening requirement
- Vision screening requirement
- Kindergarten physical exam requirement
- 7th and 12th grade immunization requirement
- Students with food allergies
- Vaccine Information for Kindergarten7th and 12th Grade Students
- Immunization Religious Exemption Certificate
- Immunization Medical Exemption Certificate
- Preschool/Kindergarten Physical Form
- Vision Screening Certificate
Other Important Information
- Drivers Education and Information on How to Obtain Minor School Driving Permit can be found on the bottom of the Course Offerings page of the district website.
- English Language Learners District Plan
- Need Assistance with getting School Supplies for your children? For possible resources please contact the DeWitt Referral Center, 615 8th Street, DeWitt IA, phone (563) 659-5122.
- PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention Support) at Ekstrand Elementary School
- Required Notices:
- Abuse of Students by School District Employees, including Level I and II Investigators, Policy No. 402.3
- Annual Notices, Policy No. 506.1E8
- Anti-Bullying/Harassment Policy, Policy No. 104
- Asbestos Notice
- Health Education, Policy No. 603.5
- Multicultural / Gender Fair Education, Policy No. 603.4
- No Child Left Behind / Parents’ and/or Guardians’ Rights Notification
- Nondiscrimination Notice (Annual and Continuous), Policy No. 102.1E1 and 102.1E2
- Open Enrollment Information
- Parent and Family Engagement, Policy No. 505.8
- Post-Secondary Options at High School
- School Closings, Delays, Early Dismissals
- Student Directory: Parent Request to DENY Authorization for Releasing Student Directory Information, Policy No. 506.2E1
- Student Expression and Student Publications, Policy 502.3
- Student Expression and Student Publications Code, Policy 502.3R1
- Use of Recording Devices on School Property, Policy No. 804.6
- Use of District Owned Recording Devices on District Property Regulation, 804.6R1
- Notice of Non-School Sponsored Activity Form for Parents to Sign
- Student Activities Registration Information and the Good Conduct Code can be found on the Athletics Page of this website
- Transcripts for graduates/attendees of Central DeWitt High School may be ordered by contacting email@example.com or phone (563) 659-0715
- Winter Clothing Available:
- The Central DeWitt Community School District can provide winter coats, hats, gloves, and boots to any students and their family members who are in need of these items. (Snowpants are also available to elementary students.) Please contact Principal Mike Miller at 659-0750 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The Dewitt Referral Center & Thrift Store provides food, clothing, school supplies and other assistance to residents of the Central DeWitt Community School District in Clinton County, Iowa, who are experiencing financial hardship. For assistance, please visit https://dewittreferralcenter.org/ or call 563-659-9612. You may also visit their location at 615 8th St. DeWitt, Iowa.
- This is a helpful video from another school district that shows how to access information through the Infinite Campus Parent app using your mobile device. Campus Parent gives you access announcements, assignments, attendance, grades, schedules and more.YouTube Video Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0AMekUdYGkINSTRUCTIONS
- Download the Campus Parent App
- Search for your district name and state
- Select your district
- Enter your username and password (provided by your school/district)
- If you are a parent with a child in the district and would like to have access to their courses on Canvas (used in grades 7th-12th) please watch the following video or view the printed directions to get set up. Video: How to gain Parent Access to Canvas and pair with a Student AccountCanvas
Homeless Children and Youth Liaison
Jen Vance, Assistant Superintendent, has also been designated as the Homeless Children and Youth Liaison for the Central DeWitt Community School District. In this capacity she is to identify homeless children and youth within the district, encourage their enrollment and eliminate existing barriers to their receiving an education which may exist in district policies or practices. As per board policy, she will continuously track and monitor programs and activities for these homeless children and youth.
Who Is Homeless?
Anyone who, due to lack of housing, lives:
– in an emergency or transitional shelter
– in a hotel, motel, trailer park, campground, abandoned in a hospital, or awaiting foster care
– doubled-up with relatives or friends
– migratory children living in these conditions
Services available to students who are homeless:
– a free public education that meets the student’s academic needs
– immediate enrollment into school, even if records are missing
– free lunch program
– assistance with transportation to the “home” school district
– referrals for other services needed by the student/family
For more details on homeless children and youth, please review the Homeless Education Brochure.
For information on resources that are available to help homeless families, please review the Family Resource Guide. It is full of great information.
If you think that you or someone you know is homeless, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Her office phone is 563-659-4735.
Are you interested in volunteering your time and talents in our school district? If so, please read the attached policy regarding Volunteers and Volunteer Regulations, then complete the Three Pages of Background Check Waivers so this process can be completed. Background Checks are required on all Volunteers.
WATCH D.O.G.S.® (Dads of Great Students) is an innovative program being used by schools across America which helps them to be positively impacted by the committed involvement of fathers and father-figures in their student’s life. We have started a program here at Ekstrand Elementary School.