- District Fact Sheet
- 2019-2020 District Calendar
- Classroom Placement Request Form
- School Supply Lists for PK through 8th Grade
- Registration Letter for 2019-2020 school year. If you are a new student, please see the section below.
- Free & Reduced Meals Parent Letter/Frequently Asked Questions
- Free & Reduced Meals Application
- Student Fee Schedule
- Student Fee Waiver and Reduction Procedures, Policy No. 503.3R1
- Technology Appropriate Use
- Technology Appropriate Use, Policy No. 605.6
- Technology Appropriate Use, Regulation No. 605.6R1
- Consent to Student Use of the District’s Computers, Computer Network Systems, and Internet Access, No. 605.6E2
- Town Bus Stops giving details where School Buses will pick up students in DeWitt, Grand Mound, Low Moor and Welton
Additional Forms Required of NEW Students Enrolling in our District for the First Time
- NEW Students: Please call Sarah Johnston at 563-659-4711. Please refer to the Registration Letter and other items listed above for more information.
- Student Health Summary Form Please complete for New Students only.
- Request for Student Records Form Please complete for New Students only.
- Home Language Survey Please complete for New Students only.
- New Student Enrollment Form Please complete for New Students only.
- Migrant Education Parent Form The answers to this form will help determine if your child(ren) is eligible to receive supplemental services from the Migrant Program.
- Dental Screening Certificate – Required for All Incoming K-9th Graders Each Year
- Diet Modification Request Form – Required for students who have severe allergies or need food substitutions.
- Student Health Summary Form
- Health care coverage for uninsured kids is more affordable than you think. Click here to learn about the Hawk-I (Healthy and Well Kids in Iowa) Program.
- Health Information Sheet including information on:
- Prescription and over the counter medications: Parental Authorization and Release Form for Administration of Prescription Medication to Students, Policy No. 507.2E2
- Asthma Inhalers: Parental Authorization for Asthma or Airway Constricting Medication Self-Administration Consent Form, Policy No. 507.2E3
- Dental screening requirement
- Vision screening requirement
- Kindergarten physical exam requirement
- 7th and 12th grade immunization requirement
- Students with food allergies
- Tdap and Meningococcal Vaccine Information for 7th and 12th Grade Students
- Preschool / Kindergarten Physical Form
- Vision Screening Certificate
Other Important Information
- English Language Learners District Plan
- Need Assistance with getting School Supplies for your children? For possible resources please contact the DeWitt Referral Center, 615 8th Street, DeWitt IA, phone (563) 659-5122.
- PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention Support) at Ekstrand Elementary School
- Required Notices:
- Abuse of Students by School District Employees, including Level I and II Investigators, Policy No. 402.3
- Annual Notices, Policy No. 506.1E8
- Anti-Bullying/Harassment Policy, Policy No. 104
- Asbestos Notice
- Health Education, Policy No. 603.5
- Multicultural / Gender Fair Education, Policy No. 603.4
- No Child Left Behind / Parents’ and/or Guardians’ Rights Notification
- Nondiscrimination Notice (Annual and Continuous), Policy No. 102.1E1 and 102.1E2
- Open Enrollment Information
- Parent and Family Engagement, Policy No. 505.8
- Post-Secondary Options at High School
- School Closings, Delays, Early Dismissals
- Student Directory: Parent Request to DENY Authorization for Releasing Student Directory Information, Policy No. 506.2E1
- Student Publications, Policy 504.3
- Use of Video Cameras on School Premises and School Transportation, Policy No. 804.5
- Notice of Non-School Sponsored Activity Form for Parents to Sign
- Student Activities Forms
- Good Conduct Code, Policy No. 503.4
- School Activities Release Form – All middle school and high school students will need to have a school activities release form on file that is signed by both the student and a parent/guardian.
- Athletic Pre-Participation – All middle school and high school students who wish to participate in athletics are required to have a signed physical form on file. Please be sure to complete both pages. In addition to a physician signature, a parent/guardian will be required to sign this form as well.
- Heads-Up Concussion Fact Sheet and Acknowledgement Form
- Transcripts for graduates/attendees of Central DeWitt High School may be ordered by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (563) 659-0715
- Winter Clothing Available:
- The Central DeWitt Community School District can provide winter coats, hats, gloves, and boots to any students and their family members who are in need of these items. (Snowpants are also available to elementary students.) Please contact Principal Mike Miller at 659-0750 or email@example.com for more information.
Homeless Children and Youth Liaison
Terri Selzer, Director of Students Services, has also been designated as the Homeless Children and Youth Liaison for the Central DeWitt Community School District. In this capacity she is to identify homeless children and youth within the district, encourage their enrollment and eliminate existing barriers to their receiving an education which may exist in district policies or practices. As per board policy, she will continuously track and monitor programs and activities for these homeless children and youth.
Who Is Homeless?
Anyone who, due to lack of housing, lives:
– in an emergency or transitional shelter
– in a hotel, motel, trailer park, campground, abandoned in a hospital, or awaiting foster care
– doubled-up with relatives or friends
– migratory children living in these conditions
Services available to students who are homeless:
– a free public education that meets the student’s academic needs
– immediate enrollment into school, even if records are missing
– free lunch program
– assistance with transportation to the “home” school district
– referrals for other services needed by the student/family
For more details on homeless children and youth, please review the Homeless Education Brochure.
For information on resources that are available to help homeless families, please review the Family Resource Guide. It is full of great information.
If you think that you or someone you know is homeless, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Her office phone is 563-659-4738; her cell phone is 563-559-0479.
Are you interested in volunteering your time and talents in our school district? If so, please read the attached policy regarding Volunteers and Volunteer Regulations, then download and complete the highlighted sections of the Background Check Waivers (all 3 pages must have your signature) and turn these in to one of our school building offices. Background Checks (including birth date and social security number) are required on all Volunteers.
WATCH D.O.G.S.® (Dads of Great Students) is an innovative program being used by schools across America which helps them to be positively impacted by the committed involvement of fathers and father-figures in their student’s life. We have started a program here at Ekstrand Elementary School.