Skip to content
- Teams of teachers in every grade level/content area work together to identify essential standards for their grade level/content area. Essential standards must meet the following criteria:
- Endurance: Knowledge and skills of value beyond a single test date. Will the standard be employed exactly as it is in life beyond the school walls? Does it represent how things are really done?
- Leverage: Knowledge and skills of value in multiple disciplines. Is the standard transferable and even necessary for learners to access skills and content in other areas or fields?
- Readiness: Knowledge and skills necessary for success in the next grade level, the next instruction level, or the state test. Is the standard a building block that other standards are contingent on?
- The identified standards are subject to change from year to year based on student need. The identified content standards are identified on report cards in K-6 and in the Infinite Campus gradebook for 7-12.
Iowa Core Standards