If you are going to receive a paycheck from Central DeWitt Community Schools, the Administration Center must have a copy of all the items marked REQUIRED. Please complete each form, print each form, and turn them in at the Administration Center, 331 E. 8th Street, DeWitt.
Thank you for your cooperation as this will help payroll run efficiently.
- Asbestos Notice – ALL EMPLOYEES/SUBSTITUTES ARE REQUIRED TO READ THIS
- ALICE: Central DeWitt Community Schools has implemented the ALICE protocols throughout our district. This stands for Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate.
- Code/Building Lockdown Procedure Guide.– We encourage ALL EMPLOYEES/SUBSTITUTES to review this two-page guide.
- Please click here to see a youtube video and learn more about ALICE.
- Background Check Waivers: REQUIRED We must have completed background checks for all Employees and Substitutes prior to working in our district. Please complete the highlighted sections and return these two pages to the Administration Center. By doing so you give our District permission to conduct the required background checks.
- Bloodborne Pathogens and Universal Standards Nurse’s Notes
– ALL EMPLOYEES/SUBSTITUTES ARE REQUIRED TO READ THIS
- College Course Credit Form for Teachers If college course credits are to be used for advancement on the salary schedule, such credits must receive advance approval by the Superintendent. This electronic form is to be used for that purpose. (As stated in the CDEA Master Contract.)
- Dental Insurance Manual
- Dental Insurance Enrollment Form — For Eligible Employees Only. Notice: After initial employment, May is the only month we allow changes to be made to employee dental insurance enrollments. However, exceptions are allowed due to events such as marriage, death, divorce, birth/adoption, etc.
- Deposit Form – to be used by anyone turning in money/checks to be deposited at any school building office. Please include this completed form at the same time you are turning in the money/checks. This is required by our Auditors.
- Direct Deposit Form REQUIRED
- Educational Foundation Payroll Deduction Form
- Equal Employment Opportunity, Board Policy No. 401.1 – ALL EMPLOYEES/SUBSTITUTES ARE REQUIRED TO READ THIS
- Evaluation Form for Classified Staff
- Expense Reimbursement Form
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Information
- Fundraising Request Form
- Fundraising Accountability Form – Due back to Central Office 10 days after the event
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) notification
- Exchange-Market Place Notification
- Medical notification toolkit
- Health Insurance Plan Select 500 for Full-Time Employees
- Health Insurance Summary of Benefits for Full-Time Employees
- Part-Time Employees have the option to purchase one of the following three Health Insurance plans. (Former employees selecting COBRA can choose from these options as well, but there is an additional 2% cost to what is shown on this due to administrative costs.) Click here for a Summary of Benefits comparing the three plans that are available. Please contact email@example.com for more information:
- Health Insurance Enrollment — Notice: After initial employment, May is the only month we allow changes to be made to employee health insurance enrollments. However, exceptions are allowed due to events such as marriage, death, divorce, birth/adoption, etc.
- Hepatitis B Vaccination Consent or Refusal Form REQUIRED
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form (please note that you are required to provide us a copy of your driver’s license, social security card, and/or other documents as listed on this form)REQUIRED. For instructions and more information about this I-9 form, please go to the Department of Homeland Security website
- Incident Report Form: to be used to report employee and/or student incidents that do not involve workers’ compensation
- IPERS Enrollment/Beneficiary Designation Form. This link will take you to the IPERS Organization website where you can find that form and much more information.
- Life Insurance – This is the Form you must complete to Change your Beneficiary
- Life/Long-Term Disability Insurance Enrollment Form: Available only to Full-Time Teachers, Secretaries, Custodians, Supervisors, Administrators
- Group Term Life Insurance Manual for:
- Group Long-Term Disability Insurance Manual for:
- Mileage Reimbursement Request Form for Employees.
- Payroll cut-off days for this year. Pay day is once per month, usually on the 20th of the month.
- Payroll Record – Form to be used by teachers to turn in hours for professional development, training, etc.
- Physical by Certified Medical Examiner – Required for all Bus Drivers and Substitute Bus Drivers. Form available from our Director of Operations.
- Release of Information Form
- Retirement Investment Club (RIC) 403b program is a voluntary retirement savings program offered by participating employers of educational and education-related institutions. Click here to go to the Iowa Department of Administrative Services for more detailed information about this program, including the helpful RIC 403b at-a-glance document. To start your contributions, you must open an account with one of the RIC investment providers and submit a completed RIC Salary Reduction Form to your payroll office. Provider contact information is located on the Enrollment tab of the above-mentioned website. A provider will supply enrollment information and, at your request, schedule an appointment with a financial advisor (at no extra charge) to walk you through the investment options and enrollment application.
- Substance-Free Workplace Notice REQUIRED
- Taxes-FEDERAL W-4 Form REQUIRED This link will take you to the form located on the IRS website
- Taxes-State of IOWA W-4 Form REQUIRED For Iowa residents, this link will take you to the form located on the Iowa Government website
- Taxes-State of ILLINOIS W-4 Form For Illinois residents, this link will take you to the form located on the Illinois Government website
- Teacher license Renewal Forms, Information – This link will take you to the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners site
- Technology Appropriate Use Policy 605.6 and Regulation 605.6R1. Please read these and then print and sign the Staff Appropriate Use Agreement, No. 605.6E1 REQUIRED
- (Travel Reimbursement Form has now moved up above and been renamed Expense Reimbursement Form.)
- Use of Video Cameras on School Premises and School Transportation – Notice to Employees
- Vision Insurance is available on a voluntary basis to district employees. Please notice that Brochures and Enrollment Forms are different based upon whether you are an employee paid over 10 months or 12 months.
- Employees paid over 12 months: Vision Insurance Brochure explaining the coverage as well as the monthly premiums
- Employees paid over 10 months: Vision Insurance Brochure explaining the coverage as well as the monthly premiums
- Vision Insurance Directory of Doctors Currently Participating in the Plan. If your provider is not listed, please send the provider name and address to the School District Business Manager and we’ll see if they can be added
- Employees paid over 12 months: Vision Insurance Enrollment Form to be completed and turned in to the Administration Center if you choose to participate
- Employees paid over 10 months: Vision Insurance Enrollment Form to be completed and turned in to the Administration Center if you choose to participate
- Workers’ Compensation and Incident Report Forms – First Report of Injury or Illness and Incident Report Forms (3 pages total) to be Printed, Completed by the employee, Signed by supervisor, then turned in to the Administration Center ASAP after the incident.
Google Apps for Education
Google Apps Education Edition is a free (and ad-free) set of customizable tools that enable faculty, staff and students to work together and learn more effectively.
Absence Management (f/n/a Aesop/Frontline Technologies – Our school district has implemented a new automated service to simplify and streamline the process of recording and managing absences and finding substitutes for teachers. This service is called Aesop. The Aesop service will be available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be accessed via the link above, or by calling their toll free number shown on their website. The district will assign teachers an ID and PIN number to access the system.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Iowa, Alliance Select, Group No. 36861, is the health insurance for eligible employees of Central DeWitt Community Schools. For all benefit inquiries go to their website or call Blue Cross Blue Shield customer service at 1-800-252-2122.
Bus/School Vehicle Requests from the Operations Department are done through School Dude. The password everyone must use for submission is sabers. Click here to begin the process. You will be on the School Dude log-in page for our district, where you will enter your email address. If you are a first-time user of the system, it will take you through the steps to register. Remember, the password to use for submission is the same for everyone: sabers. It is a very simple process that is very user friendly. Requests must be submitted through School Dude at least 8 days in advance, or you will have to contact the Director of Operations to enter them for you.
If you need some help, click here for the detailed guide explaining how to use this system to request use of a school vehicle.
The form is extremely easy to follow and fill out. There is one issue we are hoping the company addresses on their next update, however. At this point the only times that can be entered are at the hour and at quarter-hour intervals. So, for instance, 11:00; 11:15; 11:30 and 11:45. If you need a different pick-up time, as many of you will, you just need to put that in the comments section.
Board of Educational Examiners, Iowa Dept. of Education for teacher and coach licensure forms, instructions, etc. Main phone line: 515-281-3245.
Instructions for Teachers and Administrators on how to receive automatic reminder 18 months prior to license expiring from the State of Iowa
Computer Help Desk for District Employees
Teachers and staff should report problems using the Help Desk Online reporting tool. Click on the link and fill in your email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), a summary of your problem, a detailed description and a category to gain access. Nothing is easier than using this tool.
Dental Insurance Coverage is through EBS (Employee Benefit Systems) located at P.O. Box 1053, Burlington, Iowa 52601. Phone (800) 373-1327.
Facilities Scheduler (through RSchools Today) for Administrative Use Only
Effective July 1, 2011, our flexible spending account will be run through Kabel Business Services. Employees are allowed to enroll only once per year in the month of May. New employees have to decide upon initial employment if they wish to enroll in the Flex program. Click here for the Kabel Business Services Enrollment form. Click here for the Kabel Business Services Flexible Spending Brochure.
Click here for the summary plan description that explains the benefit plans, grace period for unused flexible dollars, etc.
All Flex Plan participants will receive 2 flex debit cards at no additional cost.
If additional cards are needed, the employee will be responsible for paying the $18 per card and may do so by logging in to https://kabelparticipant.lh1ondemand.com (If a new user) Click on “New User,” follow the instructions and order additional cards.
That is also the site to use when submitting claims on-line for reimbursement. If you use the debit card, no filing is required.
Click here to download a claim form for unreimbursed medical expenses and/or dependent care expensesthat you may use to file through the U.S. mail, if that is the way you would prefer to file claims.
If you have any questions or problems logging on, please can contact Kabel Business Service flex customer services at 800-300-9691.
Instructional Coaches This site contains information from the Instructional Coaches for Central DeWitt CSD.
Iowa Department of Education This site contains information on Open Enrollment. To find that section, select the tab PK-12, then select Options for Educational Choice.
Mississippi Bend AEA-9. Toll free number: 1-800-947-2329.
On-Line Training through Heartland AEA. Please click here and read these instructions on how to utilize the new on-line training site prior to accessing it. If you have any questions, please call 1-800-362-2720. They are very helpful.
Bloodborne Pathogens is REQUIRED once/year at the beginning of each new school year for All Employees/Substitutes – no charge for district employees/substitutes.
Right to Know is REQUIRED once upon initial employment for All Employees/Substitutes – no charge for district employees/substitutes.
Mandatory Reporter: Current Child & Dependent Adult Abuse training is REQUIRED for All Certified Staff (Teachers/Nurse/Substitute Teachers and Administrators) – No charge when completed through Iowa Department of Human Services website.
Web Link: Link for Employees to Log In and Create Requisitions
Instructions for Employees to Create Requisitions on Web Link