Upcoming Learning Opportunities: Here are a couple ideas to get you thinking….learning opportunities are not limited to those listed below.
- This opportunity involves online courses for teaching Number Sense in grades K-6th as well as the Foundations of Fractions for 3rd-6th. We’ve had several teachers in our district already take the Number Sense courses. If you’d like more information, feel free to talk to any K-6th grade special education teacher!
- This is a workshop hosted at the AEA. The symposium will be held on August 17, 2018 from 8:00-4:00
- This event is hosted by the Iowa Department of Education and will be held in Des Moines on June 11th-12th, 2018
5th Annual Drake Symposium on Standards Based Grading
- This symposium is obviously hosted by Drake University and will be held in Des Moines on June 21, 2018. I have not received the registration information yet, but will keep you all posted!
- This Solution Tree Institute will be held in Des Moines on October 24-26, 2018. PD Facilitators attended this institute a couple of years ago…many found it energizing and well worth their time!
- Potential Host Teachers will submit a proposal explaining how their new learning opportunity is in line with the items listed below.
- District Initiatives
- Building Initiatives
- Individual Career Development Plan
- If the proposal is accepted by the SBRC, the teacher will participate in new learning (this could be a workshop, conference, or other form of learning). Following the completion of the learning phase, the teacher will serve as a host teacher to share how the new learning has been implemented in his/her classroom. Teams will be considered for participation if applicable.
- Teach full-time
- Provide teachers with research-based instructional strategies to address student variance
- Maintain confidentiality of students, teachers, and schools
- Support instruction and learning through the use of technology
- Study research-based instructional strategies (aligned to district/building goals) and continually explore and share instructional methodologies
- Serve as a model of exemplary teaching practice, allow colleague observations in the classroom (classroom open for all teachers in the district)
- Model to other teachers how to realize the building mission, strategic plan and district goals to conduct the work of the teacher according to the values of Central DeWitt CSD
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with adult learners; able to establish positive relationships
- Potentially meet with other PLCs to share new learning and ideas
- Share new learning through professional development opportunities for colleagues
- Holds a valid Iowa Teaching License.
- Has worked as a certified employee for a minimum of one year in the Central Community School District
- Has evidence of continued professional growth, experiences collaborating with colleagues, involvement in leadership opportunities, and evidence of working with adults.
- Has demonstrated organizational skills.
- Has submitted a proposal for approval by the SBRC
Terms of Employment:
- Stipend: $200 to serve a a host classroom for 9 weeks following a learning opportunity
- Position paid from Teacher Leadership and Compensation funding and is dependent upon receipt of state TLC funding