ATTENTION COLLEGE STUDENTS: Get teaching experience during winter break

If you are a college student working toward a degree in education and you are 21 years old, you qualify for a pre-service substitute authorization. This allows you to become a substitute teacher or substitute associate using the coursework you have already taken. All you need is an associate’s degree or 60 hours of college credit. You must take a course in substitute teaching, which is available through Iowa’s AEAs. The minimum age for this option is 20. We will help you fill out the paperwork and you can serve as a substitute teacher during your winter break!

To apply, please fill out this Google Form  and once submitted you will be contacted by Assistant Superintendent Jen Vance to help you get started down the path of completing the necessary paperwork for whichever option you are interested in (substitute associate or substitute teacher).

For questions, please reach out to