READING AND AUTHORS WHO WILL BE ONLINE
INTEREST LEVEL PK – 2ND
At Home with Emily Arrow – M-F @ 1:00p EST
Songwriter & author Emily Arrow will be hosting a sing-a-long for younger readers
Save with Stories — Celebrities Read Children’s Books
Jennifer Garner and Amy Adams created this Instagram page of them, along with other celebrities, read children’s books. They are working with Save the Children and No Kid Hungry to help students who do not have food during this time
INTEREST LEVEL 2ND – 6TH
Ben Clanton FB Live Events – 3/18 @ 2p EST, 3/20 @ 5p EST
Author of the Narwhal and Jelly series, Ben Clanton, will be drawing and hanging out twice this week during Facebook Live events.
Facebook Live! Daily at 2pm.
Dan Santat Online Survival School For the Pandemic #Dandemic
Dreading the thought of being quarantined at home with your family? Dan Santat created a new fun online learning program for kids and parents to hopefully help fix that anxiety. He calls it the SANTAT ONLINE SURVIVAL SCHOOL FOR THE PANDEMIC.Earn Badges. Learn skills. Don’t panic! Follow him here or on Twitter. STARTS TODAY. WARN YOUR FRIENDS! https://www.instagram.com/p/B9zmaiaHXtv/?igshid=zim98rtfge7l
Kate Messner Daily Read-Aloud
Kate Messner will be doing a chapter-by-chapter read aloud of one of her Ranger in Time books
Mac Barnett Read-Alouds Live every day at 3:00 EST
Author Mac Barnett reads picture books aloud on Instagram Live!
Author of the Scythe Series will be reading some of his short stories on YouTube
School LIbrary Website
Don’t forget you have access to our MackinVia ebook platform on our Library site.
PE AT-HOME RESOURCES FROM MR. BURKE
If you have any of the equipment below (frisbee, ball, jump rope, balloon etc), you can practice reviewing or working on any of the skills that we’ve learned in PE class this year.
- Jump Rope: If you have a jump rope, you can review some of the Single Jump Rope Tricks we learned in PE, or if you have a sibling or family member you could even try out some of the Partner Tricks we learned
- Throwing and Catching: If you have space in your yard and it’s safe to go outside, try to practice throwing and catching with a family member with a ball or a frisbee
- Striking a Balloon (awesome activity for K-2nd Grade)
- Blow up a balloon and practice striking it with different items in your house (or different body parts)
- What is the hardest item or body part to control the balloon with? What’s your record for the most number of hits without moving your feet?
- Here’s an example of this balloon striking activity
- Basketball: If you have a basketball or playground ball, practice some of the ball handling drills and challenges
- Free Customizable Kid Workout Program
- Sign up for Sworkit and use them for follow along workouts for kids
- (they have a free kids workouts for anyone to use after signing up and they are even customizable and have student examples for all of the follow along workouts, just click on the “Kids Workouts” section after logging in)
- Free One Page Paper Workouts from Darebee.com (Pick any of them here)
- 4 minute warmup: https://darebee.com/workouts/4-minute-warmup-workout.html
- Beginner Circuit: https://darebee.com/workouts/beginner-circuit-workout.html
- Quick HIIT: https://darebee.com/workouts/quick-hiit-workout.html
- Online Follow Along Workouts
- Follow Along Dances:
- Practice or learn a popular Line Dance
- Tons of at Home Activities and Resources
- Active Home Resources from OPEN Phys Ed
- Activity Log:
- Keep an activity log and track your activity over the break from school
- Activity Calendar (do 1 activity per day)
- Home Activity Packets and from other PE teachers:
- Pete Charrette: https://twitter.com/CapnPetesPE/status/1239202278122369031
- Jenny Horowitz: Google Drive Folder
- Kevin Tiller: https://twitter.com/physedreview/status/1239168726450286593
- Bob Vogt: https://twitter.com/GlengaryPE/status/1239341018459377664
- Jason Denk: https://twitter.com/mrdenkpeclass/status/1238508561447227393?s=11
- CBHPE Activity Ideas: https://www.cbhpe.org/projector
- PE Follow Along Videos Collection (Google Slide)
- Create your own follow along dance or workout video for students to follow along to
- FREE YOGA for kids through April 13
MUSIC AT-HOME RESOURCES FROM MRS. MITCHELL
Texas Instruments is making their calculators available to students in online form for FREE for the next six months. The software will work for the next 6 months. It even includes the TI-84 CE version. Go to: htps://education.ti.com for the link to download what you need.
Milk Street Cooking School will be offering free online courses through April 30 ($20-$60 value).